Become part of an exciting, rapidly growing company where opportunities are endless.
Marchant Schmidt, Inc. a leader in the food processing equipment industry with interests in both the national and international markets, is continuing to grow our business and creating additional opportunities in a variety of departments.
We’ve been in business for 50 years and have seen strong and steady growth during that time. We can offer you a fast paced, challenging work environment along with the opportunity to grow with a great company!
To be considered for an open position at Marchant Schmidt, Inc. you may:
- Fill out our Online Application from the link above you may also attach Cover Letter and Resume.
- Cover Letter and Resume to our mailing address: 24 W Larsen Dr, Fond du Lac, WI 54937 Attn: Human Resources
- Email Cover Letter and Resume to: email@example.com
- Visit our facility and fill out an in-house application
Design custom machines consistent with established engineering specifications according to size, capacities, performance, and other requirements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Handle all aspects of design engineering work.
- Create and modify drawings per redline changes via ECR’s.
- Occasionally communicate with customers in the form of telephone calls, emails, meetings, and presentations to understand and define their needs.
- Understand and respond to customer requests, both verbal and written.
- Design product to meet all requirements.
- Review product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Read and interpret customer specifications, technical drawings, sales drawings, and 3D machine models.
- Research, design and evaluate mechanical products, equipment, systems, and processes to meet specified requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions or deficiencies.
- Conduct research that tests or analyzes the feasibility, design, operation, or performance of equipment, components, or systems.
- Investigate equipment failures and improper operation and make recommendations to resolve the issues.
1st Shift position
Fabricate parts for the assembly of custom equipment by operating various fabrication equipment including brake press, cut-off saw, roller and shear.
- Main duty is to set up and operate CNC press brakes to form stainless steel to blueprint specifications in a timely manner.
- Develops layout and plans sequence of operations efficiently.
- Deburr all parts before sending to next operation.
- Fabrication equipment to include: brakes, rolls, shears, drill presses, and plasma cutting machines.
Degree or certificate from a technical college preferred or 5 years of related work experience. Have the ability to become forklift certified. Knowledge of crane/hoist use is required.
We are currently recruiting for an Inside Sales Support person to assist the estimating and parts sales areas, as well as general inside sales functions.
Some of this position’s main duties are as follows:
- Support the estimating staff with quotations
- Support with coordinating parts sales orders
- Assist with quotes, sales orders, export documentation, purchase orders as required, parts package pricing lists, and BOM’s for spare parts packages
- Maintain customer contact database
- Interact with field sales personnel and offer support as needed
- Data entry into ERP system
Skills/Qualifications: Customer service focus. Proficient computer skills in various software packages. Establish priorities. Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. Strong communication skills to work with other departments. Must also be able to work independently with minimal direction.
Education and/or Experience: Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school in Business, Marketing or Sales.
Submit your application/resume online or in-person by Monday, April 5.
We have a great opportunity for someone who likes to travel and who enjoys a fast paced work environment. Responsibilities include a mixture of work in our shop, as well as daily or overnight travel to customer sites to perform a wide variety of highly technical duties including start-up and repair of complex and sophisticated electronic and mechanical equipment. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic components, RS Logix, Control Logix, Factory Talk ME and servo drives. Must be able to read schematics and wire machines. Travel will include both domestic and international travel. A dairy/cheese company maintenance background would be beneficial.
Responsibilities include laying out, positioning, aligning and fitting components together to blueprint specifications for final assembly of food and dairy equipment. The ideal candidate will have the ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings and layouts and the ability to secure and weld parts on equipment with attention to warpage and metal fatigue. Team communications skills are important. An Associates degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school or six months to one year related experience and/or training is preferred.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer an outstanding benefit package that includes a Flexible Benefit Plan (cafeteria plan), enabling you to customize your benefit program to meet your individual and family needs.
These benefits include:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Health Care & Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
- 401K Plan
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Holidays
- Educational Reimbursement
- Smoke-free & Drug-free Work Environment
- Employee Assistance Program
- Temperature controlled shop facility, plus more…