Become part of an exciting, rapidly growing company where opportunities are endless.
Marchant Schmidt, Inc. a leader in the food processing equipment industry with interests in both the national and international markets, is continuing to grow our business and creating additional opportunities in a variety of departments.
We’ve been in business for 50 years and have seen strong and steady growth during that time. We can offer you a fast paced, challenging work environment along with the opportunity to grow with a great company!
To be considered for an open position at Marchant Schmidt, Inc. you may:
- Download & fill out the Online Application from the link above, you may also attach Cover Letter and Resume.
- Send Cover Letter and Resume to our mailing address: 24 W Larsen Dr, Fond du Lac, WI 54937 Attn: Human Resources
- Email Cover Letter and Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit our facility and fill out an in-house application
Marchant Schmidt, Inc. is the market leader in cheese converting equipment and we are in search of cleaning support/janitor in our shop and office areas.
Qualified candidates must be self-motivated and will be responsible for cleaning in our shop, lunch rooms, and office areas. In the shop area, responsibilities will include cleaning restrooms, collecting and throwing out trash, cleaning the lunchrooms and mopping floors. In the office area, responsibilities will include sweeping, vacuuming, carpet and tile floor cleaning, mopping floors, dusting and polishing furniture, cleaning office restrooms, taking out office garbage, and washing windows. Hours are somewhat flexible and include afternoon and early evening hours.
We offer a Drug & Tobacco-Free work environment and a climate-controlled atmosphere. We also offer a great benefit package including medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401(k) plan, vacation, paid holidays, educational reimbursement, and an employee assistance program and more!
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) position is responsible for the following areas: talent acquisition & development, performance management, and organizational performance aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added services to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit’s financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition.
Key Areas of Experience: Talent Acquisition and Development – Performance Management – Organizational Development – Culture Shift/Change Management
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 8 years of experience resolving complex employee relations issues
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professsional (SHRM-SCP) credential or ability to obtain certification within one year of employment
1st Shift position
Fabricate parts for the assembly of custom equipment by operating various fabrication equipment including brake press, cut-off saw, roller and shear.
- Main duty is to set up and operate CNC press brakes to form stainless steel to blueprint specifications in a timely manner.
- Develops layout and plans sequence of operations efficiently.
- Deburr all parts before sending to next operation.
- Fabrication equipment to include: brakes, rolls, shears, drill presses, and plasma cutting machines.
Degree or certificate from a technical college preferred or 5 years of related work experience. Have the ability to become forklift certified. Knowledge of crane/hoist use is required.
We have a great opportunity for someone who likes to travel and who enjoys a fast paced work environment. Responsibilities include a mixture of work in our shop, as well as daily or overnight travel to customer sites to perform a wide variety of highly technical duties including start-up and repair of complex and sophisticated electronic and mechanical equipment. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic components, RS Logix, Control Logix, Factory Talk ME and servo drives. Must be able to read schematics and wire machines. Travel will include both domestic and international travel. A dairy/cheese company maintenance background would be beneficial.
Responsibilities include laying out, positioning, aligning and fitting components together to blueprint specifications for final assembly of food and dairy equipment. The ideal candidate will have the ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings and layouts and the ability to secure and weld parts on equipment with attention to warpage and metal fatigue. Team communications skills are important. An Associates degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school or six months to one year related experience and/or training is preferred.
This position is responsible for loading, unloading and moving materials within or near the plant, yard or work site by performing the following duties:
- Build pallets for shipping product to customer and record information
- Operate industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials
- Move production equipment between facilities using truck and trailer
- Load and unload materials onto or from pallets, racks and shelves
- Load materials into vehicles and installs strapping, bracing or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit
- Pick up or deliver parts and equipment to/from vendor or customer facilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of inventory software; manufacturing software; order processing systems; spreadsheet software and word processing software. Must have good communication and organizational skills. Attention to detail is very important.
Summary: Grind and polish surfaces of stainless steel equipment to specified finish.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Examine and feels surface of metal to detect defects such as dents, scratches or breaks in metal or weld
- Use a variety of methods, abrasives and tools to grind and polish materials to meet blueprint and/or industry specifications.
- Use tape or other materials to cover areas that do not require blasted finish
- Remove discoloration and provide an even finish for stainless steel parts
- Use forklift to move parts to and from fabrication shop and blast area
- Smooth and polish stainless steel to specified finish
- Read and interpret blueprints
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent
Compensation & Benefits
We offer an outstanding benefit package that includes a Flexible Benefit Plan (cafeteria plan), enabling you to customize your benefit program to meet your individual and family needs.
These benefits include:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Health Care & Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
- 401K Plan
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Holidays
- Educational Reimbursement
- Smoke-free & Drug-free Work Environment
- Employee Assistance Program
- Temperature controlled shop facility, plus more…