Become part of an exciting, rapidly growing company where opportunities are endless.
Marchant Schmidt, Inc. a leader in the food processing equipment industry with interests in both the national and international markets, is continuing to grow our business and creating additional opportunities in a variety of departments.
We’ve been in business for 50 years and have seen strong and steady growth during that time. We can offer you a fast paced, challenging work environment along with the opportunity to grow with a great company!
To be considered for an open position at Marchant Schmidt, Inc. you may:
- Fill out our Online Application
- Send Cover Letter and Resume to our mailing address: 24 W Larsen Dr, Fond du Lac, WI 54937 Attn: Human Resources
- Email Cover Letter and Resume to: email@example.com
- Visit our facility and fill out an in-house application
We are currently recruiting for an Inside Sales Support person to assist the estimating and parts sales areas, as well as general inside sales functions.
Some of this position’s main duties are as follows:
- Support the estimating staff with quotations
- Support with coordinating parts sales orders
- Assist with quotes, sales orders, export documentation, purchase orders as required, parts package pricing lists, and BOM’s for spare parts packages
- Maintain customer contact database
- Interact with field sales personnel and offer support as needed
- Data entry into ERP system
Skills/Qualifications: Customer service focus. Proficient computer skills in various software packages. Establish priorities. Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. Strong communication skills to work with other departments. Must also be able to work independently with minimal direction.
Education and/or Experience: Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school in Business, Marketing or Sales.
Submit your application/resume online or in-person by Monday, April 5.
Summary: Build skids, load and unload equipment and prepare machinery or other products for domestic or foreign shipment by performing the following duties:
- Build skids according to specified dimensions or build non-standard skis following generally accepted methods
- Brace and block machinery to eliminate shifting during transit
- Clean and wrap equipment prior to shipping
- Operates industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials
- Move equipment between facilities using truck and trailer
- Loads materials into vehicles and installs strapping, bracing or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit
- Pick up or deliver pats and equipment to/from vendor or customer facilities
- General shop cleaning
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid drivers license required. Have the ability to become forklift certified. Knowledge of crane/hoist use is required.
Other skills and abilities: must be self-motivated, have good communication skills and excellent organizational skills. Attention to detail is very important.
We have a great opportunity for someone who likes to travel and who enjoys a fast paced work environment. Responsibilities include a mixture of work in our shop, as well as daily or overnight travel to customer sites to perform a wide variety of highly technical duties including start-up and repair of complex and sophisticated electronic and mechanical equipment. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic components, RS Logix, Control Logix, Factory Talk ME amd servo drives. Must be able to read schematics and wire machines. Travel will include both domestic and international travel. A dairy/cheese company maintenance background would be beneficial.
Responsibilities include laying out, positioning, aligning and fitting components together to blueprint specifications for final assembly of food and dairy equipment. The ideal candidate will have the ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings and layouts and the ability to secure and weld parts on equipment with attention to warpage and metal fatigue. Team communications skills are important. An Associates degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school or six months to one year related experience and/or training is preferred.
MSI is recruiting for a Buyer in the Global Procurement & Supply Chain (GPSC) department. This particular buyer role will have a strong focus on indirect procurement including, but not limited to Information Technology, MRO (Maintenance, Repair and Operations), and services.
Plan, issue, and monitor purchase orders, expedite open purchase orders, build and maintain relationships with suppliers, analyze and coordinate inventory levels, resolve quality issues, assist shipping and receiving, and communicate schedules to internal and external customers and suppliers.
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills (oral & written)
• Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills
• Ability to analyze total landed cost and long-term impact/benefit
• Effective negotiating skills
• Ability to work independently under pressure and react quickly to changing priorities
• Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Teams
• Working knowledge and understanding of ERP/MRP systems and their use in a manufacturing environment
• Certification in APICS, ISM, or ASQ is a plus
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree; Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Operations, Logistics, or other applicable subject areas; three to five years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We are currently recruiting for an Electrical Designer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Work with cross-functional teams to plan and execute specifications through design, development, testing, delivery, and service support of automation systems.
- The creation of electrical and pneumatic schematics, control panels, junction boxes, and wiring drop drawings in accordance with company, industry, and customer standards using AutoCAD Electrical software. These systems will include industrial PCs, PLCs, servo motion controllers, variable speed motor controllers, pneumatic systems, and sensors in an industrial food automation environment. The machines may involve robots, machine vision, and other electromechanical technologies.
- Application of electrical standards including NFPA 79, NEC, UL508, and CSA is required for this position. Apply NEC, NFPA 70E and other standards required for electrical design and personnel safety.
- Perform detailed technical analyses and create test and analysis reports.
- Develop technical solutions to know production, reliability, or performance problems.
- Facilitate design reviews with key stake holders, including Design Engineering, Production, and Manufacturing.
- Keep up to date with current/new technologies, best practices, and tools available.
- Improve technical skills and innovation on a regular basis.
- BS in Electrical Engineering preferred
- AutoCAD/AutoCAD Electrical experience
- Design experience based on a general knowledge of electrical standards including NFPA 79, NEC, UL508, and CSA is required for this position. Apply NEC, NFPA 70E, and other standards required for electrical design and personnel safety.
- Read, understand, and interpret design documentation and customer specifications.
- Must be capable of working independently and in a team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
Submit an application/resume online or in-person by Monday, April 5.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer an outstanding benefit package that includes a Flexible Benefit Plan (cafeteria plan), enabling you to customize your benefit program to meet your individual and family needs.
These benefits include:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Health Care & Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
- 401K Plan
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Holidays
- Educational Reimbursement
- Smoke-free & Drug-free Work Environment
- Employee Assistance Program
- Temperature controlled shop facility, plus more…